I thought I'd post some progress shots of my newest project. I've been a dog person all my life, and that also means I ended up making a lot of dog fursuits, too. I thought I'd practice making a housecat for once! I thought it would be good practice.
I'm working with half inch foam, and am primarily using photo references even though this will be a toony character. I also do have a ref sheet of the character here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/775
I'm gunna try the technique of covering the nose in fabric, so I made it a little exaggerated so I can have some wiggle room when the fabric compresses it.
I also have early stage progress photos on my personal LJ posted here: http://matrices.livejournal.com/877
I'm pretty comfortable with how the shape looks, but wanted to make sure I'm on the right track!