Alright, so. I was looking through the memories, even though I already know how to do this, and I didn't come across a tutorial on how to make a hidden zipper. So, I figured I'd go ahead and make one myself.
I'm going to start off with an image that Arito used to try to explain this to me:
The zipper in the image he gave me is a zipper that comes apart, like on a jacket. The ones I use are connected at the bottom, so we're going to work with that.
Start with your zipper, unzip it all the way. This next part is sorta tricky.
- Flip your zipper over so the front is upside down.
- Pin it edge to edge with your fur, make sure you pin it to the FUR SIDE NOT
the back of the fur.
- Flip the other side of the zipper around and pin it to the other side of your bodysuit, or wherever this zipper is going.
- Be sure to follow the image, if you pinned it right, it should look just like the image above.
- Note: It's best to sew the zipper while whatever you're installing it into is inside out.
- You are going to sew each side of the zipper twice. Once on the edge of the zipper and fur, again on the teeth side of the zipper, try to sew it as close to the teeth as possible, that is key to having a hidden zipper.
- Once it's sew up, try zipping it up, the fur will get caught, but that will happen because of the fibers, so don't worry, just be patient while zipping and untangle it as you go.
Short pile fur is harder to hide a zipper, but at least it isn't visibly showing.
As for the end of the zipper, I sew that part up, making sure I get as close as I can to the bottom of the zipper so there is no hole in that area. If that makes any sense.